Registered office: 87 London Rd, Cowplain, Waterlooville PO8 8XB
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Active Eye SS Ltd is a “Data Controller,” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required - under data protection legislation - to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to all our clients who have a security system installed or maintained/serviced by us.
What information do we gather?
To effectively provide appropriate safeguards to clients, upon completion of the installation of a security system we issue a Certificate of Conformity. We register all client’s details on our customer database and also pass on the certificate content (where applicable) to our inspectorate (SSAIB) and the certificate includes details of your name, address and contact details. We hold this information to enable us to comply with statutory obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests for the purposes set out in the section below.
How your personal data is used? We may use your personal data to:
•Comply with our statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations.
•Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to your installation.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless…
•We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our rules
•Our business enters a joint venture with - or is sold to or merged with - another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
Where your personal data is stored
We store your personal details in a secure file, password protected in a locked and secure premises.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data - and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means - and the applicable legal requirements.
Is my data secure?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to our employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights: Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. We will never process your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party:
write to us at: 90 The Avenue, Fareham, Hants PO14 3DH
or: email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 - Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm - or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Active Eye Security Systems Ltd (Company Number 0420 9256). Our data protection registration number is Z8309180.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us on 01329 841170.